Sunday, March 24, 2019

Guided Reading Staff Meeting

Staff,

I have been so proud of what I have been seeing when dropping in for visits during your Jan Richardson guided reading lessons. I got to most of you before spring break, and I have a few visits to get in now.

I've been impressed with your lesson preparation and the vast majority of the components of the lesson plan being covered during your instruction. At our staff meeting on Tuesday, you will have time for guided reading lesson planning, after watching three short Jan Richardson videos on reviewing sight words, introducing sight words and introducing new vocabulary. Primary teachers you'll focus on the sight words and intermediate teachers you'll focus on the vocabulary. Be thinking about what you're doing well in these areas and what you might be able to start doing after these video refreshers.

Hoping you are feel rested and rejuvenated when returning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment